Michaelskirche, Salzburg, Austria

Michaelskirche, Salzburg, Austria

Up until the 12th century, “St. Michael’s Church” was used as a palace chapel and parish church. The emperor and entourage were able to access the upper sector directly from the palace; plebeians had to enter the lower sector from the town square. The baroque dome was added from 1767-1776, when the church was remodeled and refurnished.