Experience + Imagination = Results.
Based in Massachusetts, I am a freelance copywriter for all manner of projects – short or long, web or print. Whatever your challenge, I will go the extra mile to help you achieve your marketing goals.
If you’re in the mood for more, you can also explore my fiction – my Kirkus-starred novel for kids (ages 8-12) was published by Walden Pond Press, an Imprint of HarperCollins, on April 12, 2016 – and browse my photography work.
Freelance Copywriting Credentials
Looking for credentials? Check out my:
Freelance Copywriting Experience
The past few years have involved a combination of education and commercial work.
During 2014-2015, I partnered with Tomlinson LLC and other ad agencies on website projects & with Rising Media on event-related press releases and emails. Commercial work included B2C websites on custom closets, custom furniture & upholstery and web hosting & design.
My education work with Degree Prospects has been equally rigorous:
- In 2015, I wrote a new website on the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree. I also completed 2 Guides to Paying for University (College and Graduate School), a 10,000+ word Student Action Guide on sustainability (with expert interviews), a website on cyber security education and a comprehensive STEM Guide for Kids.
- In Spring 2016, I completed 20 state profiles of the college landscape for the College Affordability website. Each profile include sources of state funding (e.g. state scholarships & grants), advice & resources for low-income students (e.g. campus food banks) and links to non-profit college preparation groups.
- In Winter 2014, I added to the 2013 website on data science, with blog posts, specialty sections and five 2,000 word articles on how big data is affecting various industries (e.g. energy sector). In Winter 2016, I provided advice and profiles of data science bootcamps. In Summer 2016, I worked on ranking & detailing the best campus & online programs in business analytics.
In March of 2013, I began writing emails and landing pages for a company specializing in lead management and demand generation.
During January-February, I completed fifty-two 400-word state profiles covering the marketing industry for a lead generation company, including profiles on D.C. and Puerto Rico. In April, I drafted two overview articles on online marketing & accounting programs.
In October, I dusted off a 30,000 word website on data science.
Other projects included SEO recommendations for a North Shore law firm and a Newburyport life coach, a B2B brochure for a health food company and PR work for eartheaded.com.
Audio Tour Writing
I also completed name branding for an Artificial Intelligence start-up and editorial work for eartheaded.com.
Throughout this time I provided Rising Media with press releases on online marketing & analytics conferences and tackled a series of articles on the topic of higher education & criminal justice for a lead generation company.
Catalog Copy Editing
In April of 2011, I began working on contract projects with George P. Johnson, a global event management agency. Their key focus is engagement – finding ways to inspire action and loyalty among event attendees. To date, I have provided SEO copywriting and website strategy, emails and case studies.
In the latter part of 2011 and in January 2012, I worked as a contract copywriter with PetEdge, a wholesale pet supply company in Beverly, MA. Work include extensive copy editing, as well as product copy, advertising copy and PR initiatives.
Social Media Campaigns
Internet Marketing Strategy
In 2010, I spent eight months writing for McDougall Interactive, an award-winning internet marketing firm offering search engine optimization (SEO), content development, PPC, analytics, link building and social media.
Work included SEO copywriting and editing for eCommerce sites, banks, law firms, golf resorts, restaurants, B2B manufacturers and colleges. I was also involved in a number of social media campaigns and collaborations on internet marketing strategy.
Catalog Copy & Headlines
During these years, I worked closely with Catalog Design Studios, writing catalog copy and headlines for wildlife control suppliers, food companies and New England craftspeople.
In partnership with Stackpole & Partners, I tackled web and print projects, including white papers, ads, websites and print collateral for non-profits, automotive leasing companies, banks and law firms.
Trade Show Displays
I experienced hands-on training in every stage of the marketing process as a marketing coordinator with WIDE World at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Work included:
- Writing the monthly newsletter, marketing collateral and articles for educational publications
- Helping draft email and print campaigns and tracking their effectiveness
- Collaborating with other departments on the new website and trade show display
In my previous work as a regular book reviewer for the California Literary Review, I also wrote essays and conducted interviews.
PhD and MPhil in Anglo-Saxon Literature, University of Cambridge
BA (Honors) in English Literature, University of Otago
I hold a PhD in Anglo-Saxon Literature from the University of Cambridge, England. My thesis was on the “Heroic Tradition in the Old English Riddles,” a compilation of evocative and bawdy poems written in the language of Beowulf. Find them translated into modern English at the Kalamazoo Riddle Group.